Monday, September 2, 2013

I Took the Housing Stipend. Now Where Do I Live?

Travel Therapy Tip #2: Shop around for housing. It could save you money and enhance your travel experience. 

One of the benefits of traveling is getting paid more than if you were a full time employee. The best way to get this paycheck is to take the housing stipend. However, taking the housing stipend means setting up your own abode. This can get difficult when you are being sent to small towns and not always close to a city. Depending on how far you are willing to travel, it could get rather frustrating. Personally, I don’t want to drive more than 30 minutes to get to work. Below are some links that have helped me in searching for the best abode (comfort and money wise). Currently, I am at a Ranch/RV park I found using horsemotel.com! Being here, it is saving me $500 a month, as opposed to staying in a hotel.

When you are not being a travel therapist, use these sites to find great vacation rentals. Hotels can be fun, but thinking outside the box could help save money along the way!

http://www.zillow.com/

http://www.trulia.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/

http://www.craigslist.org/

http://horsemotel.com/

http://www.corporatehousing.com/default.asp



This is my living room at Hoof Print Ranch in Stephenville! Much better and more relaxing than a boring hotel room.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and look forward to reading more if your posts! Another option you might look into, depending where live, is airbnb.com. I have used it many times in my own travels for stays up to a week but know of others who have used it for stays up to a couple months. Let me know what you think. Love you- B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello traveling Therapist. I am so glad to know abut you through your profile on the blogger. I am so glad to stop by your blog "Adventures of a Traveling Therapist" and the post on it" I took the Housing Stipend Now where do I live". Well I am more interested to know that you are a follower of Christ and are interested in traveling new places and helping others. With your being follower of Christ and interest in above things I would like to invited you to come to Mumbai, India on a short term missions trip to work with us among the most under privileged, oppressed and poor to bring healing to the broken hearted. I have been Pastor in this city for last 33 yrs. This city is known for great contrast where richest of rich and poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short term missions trip to work with us.With your interest we would love to have you come with your friends to work with us in the Slums of Mumbai. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede. Would love to hear from you in near future. I will also use your email for communication.

    ReplyDelete